Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hot Weather, Hot Shoes, Hot Mama! -or- Letting those little piggies free while staying stylish

I know I said I would do a post on gladiator sandals, and I will, but in the mean time, here are some nice summer shoes I've run across:


I know these are pretty damn girly, so all you Tom Boys out there, avert your eyes (or maybe pull your baseball cap and hood over your eyes). With a really light look in blush pink or more of a night-on-the-town feel in black these Bourne sandals will go great with your lighter summer clothing, and a few diamond-like stones don't hurt either (after all, even if diamonds aren't a girls best friend, they still look amazing). Maybe some of you will disagree but I think these shoes would be great for an afternoon out with the friends paired with a light flowy skirt. I can almost guarantee you will be the best dressed girl around.

Bourne Diamante And Chiffon Ankle Wrap Sandals, $190 at ASOS.com



First I must break the sad news to you that this pair of shoes is sold out except for a few size 3 UK pairs, so all of you tiny elves and pixies out there can pick up a pair.

Now adding wicker to a pair of shoes in my book can look much cleaner and better than espadrilles do. These shoes are a perfect example. I LOVE them! The heavier leather ribbons in off white, a small knot detail in the front with a bow on the back, and to top it all off a demi wedge with a really aggressive lean to it makes it says both, "It's summer, I'm girly, I'm fabulous, love me," and with a bit of edge that adds in a, "Don't mess with me because I can mess you up!" flavor. Now normally I'm not a big fan of wedges, since they tend to get a bit clunky, and normally espadrille type shoes just don't seem right to me, but some how these shoe manage not to look like a hooker wedge that the hooker added some macramé work to the heel as she works her way up from the streets using her skills in crafting (I think Lifetime did that as a movie...), but instead these shoes just look amazing. If I had to make one complaint it's that it might work better in a canvas instead of a leather, but I would have to see them in person to really get a feel for that.

Ok, I think I've gobbed on enough, so just remember that almost any kind of shoe can be done right, you just have to shop around a bit. If you want them and they get more in stock, or you are a magical pixie with tiny feet, you can buy the Head Over Heels Woven Heeled Bow Back Shoe at ASOS.com for $185.

No comments: